You can create or edit IP groups that contain the specified range of IPv4 addresses and grant access rights to a user or group to limit the accessibility to the IP groups.
Note: IP grouping is only available for IPv4 network addresses.
To create an IP group:
- Select the IP Space tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- From the IPv4 network level, select the IP Groups tab.
- Click New and select IPv4 IP Group.
Under Address Range, define the address range and
- Create by Range Bounds—select this option to
manually specify the start and end of the IPv4 IP group range. The
network prefix portion of the address will be pre-populated in the
Start and End
- Start—enter the address for the start of the IP group.
- End—enter the address for the end of the IP group.
- Create by Range Size—select this option to allow
Address Manager to specify the range of
IPv4 addresses. Address Manager decides the
start and end IPv4 addresses of the IP group based on the size, and
optional offset, or start address selected:
- Size—enter the number of addresses that you want to include in the IP group. If you only enter the size of the IP group range without specifying the optional offset settings, Address Manager finds the first available range of IPv4 addresses of that size in the network and creates the IP group using that range.
- Start Offset—OPTIONAL. Set the number of addresses between the first IP address of the parent network and the first IP address in the IP group. For example, if you are creating an IP group using Size: 5 and Start Offset: 5 options in the 192.0.2.0/24 network, this will create an IP group of 5 IP addresses beginning from 192.0.2.6 to 192.0.2.10.
- End Offset—OPTIONAL. Set the number of addresses between the last IP address in the IP group and the last IP address in the parent network. For example, If you are creating an IP group with Size: 5 and End Offset: 5 options in the 192.0.2/24 network, this will create an IP group of 5 IP addresses beginning from 192.0.2.246 to 192.0.2.250.
- Start Address—OPTIONAL. Enter a specific IPv4 address. From this point, Address Manager will create an IP group containing the number of addresses defined in the Size field. The network prefix portion of the address will be pre-populated.
- Name—enter a descriptive name for the IP group.
- Create by Range Bounds—select this option to manually specify the start and end of the IPv4 IP group range. The network prefix portion of the address will be pre-populated in the Start and End fields:
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Add or click Add Next.