BlueCat recommends controlling the container from the BAM UI and not directly from the Docker CLI on BDDS. This ensures that BAM and BDDS are in sync in terms of the Gateway configuration and the state of both the container and Gateway Service.
To start, stop, or restart a container:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Under Servers, click the name of a BDDS. The Details tab for the server opens.
- Click Diagnostics. Scroll to the bottom of the BlueCat Gateway section
From the Actions menu, select the desired option:
- Start Gateway Container—select this option to start a stopped container.
- Stop Gateway Container—select this option to stop a running container.
- Restart Gateway Container—stops then starts a container. Recommended for containers in an unknown or unresponsive state. If you perform a restart on a stopped container, the container simply starts.
- Click Execute.