This section describes how to configure and perform deployment of a configuration in Address Manager.
Deployment is the process by which the configuration in Address Manager becomes a running set of services on managed DNS/DHCP Servers. Deployment takes all of the IP, DHCP, and DNS details in the configuration and deploys them to the servers that provide services to clients.
- Address Manager allows you to perform a manual Full Deployment, a manual Quick Deployment, and Scheduled Deployments.
- Address Manager features pre-deployment validation to let you validate your DNS or DHCP deployment data independently of the deployment mechanism, allowing you to verify DNS and DHCP configuration files, resolve errors or potential issues, then deploy with confidence at a later time.
- You can activate or deactivate selected Deployment Schedules for improved workflow efficiency and convenience.
- DNS and DHCP deployment roles and Deployment Options can be applied at many different levels within a configuration. These roles associate the services designed in Address Manager with the server interfaces that host them.
- Address Manager creates all of the files needed to implement the Address Manager configuration on the managed servers. After creating the files, Address Manager contacts the managed server and transmits the files to the server. The services are restarted and are available to clients.