Merge two IPv4 blocks into a single block in Address Manager.
The Merge with Parent function merges space allocated as a block into its parent block. The child block that is merged disappears when it becomes part of the parent block again.
To merge sibling IPv4 blocks, or merge with parent block:
- On the IPv4 or Address Space tab, select the check boxes for two or more blocks to merge.
- Choose one of the following steps:
Merge sibling blocks
- Click Action and select Merge Selected.
- The Selected Siblings section lists the blocks or networks selected to be merged. Select the item that is to retain its identity after the merge.
Merge with parent block
- Click Action and select Merge with Parent.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Yes.