Use the migration function to migrate data from another system into Address Manager, or to add large amounts of new data. After structuring the data in an XML file, you import the files to Address Manager and queue them for migration.
To perform a migration:
- Select the Administration tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Administration page.
- Under Data Management, click Migration.
- Under Upload Files, click Choose File. From the Open dialogue box, select a migration file from your workstation and click Open.
- Click Upload. The uploaded file is displayed in the Uploaded Files section.
Under Uploaded Files, click Queue
beside a migration file. The file is added to the Queued
Files section and its data is imported into Address Manager. During migration, you can stop the migration process
and remove files from the Queued Files list:
- A Stop button appears beside the migration file in the Queued Files section while its data is being migrated. If necessary, click Stop to stop the migration.
- A Remove button appears beside the migration file in the Queued Files section while the file is awaiting migration. If necessary, click Remove to delete the file from the Queued Files list.
- As data is migrating, click the Refresh button to view an updated Queued Files list.