Use the migration function to migrate data from another system into Address Manager, or to add large amounts of new data. After structuring the data in an XML file, you import the files to Address Manager and queue them for migration.
- If you have configured database replication, you can only migrate data into the Primary server and not into any Standby servers. The Migration link on the Administration page is only available from the Primary server in replication.
- DDW and Managed Windows Servers are end of life and no longer supported in Address Manager v9.1.0. You can't import DDW or Managed Windows Server configuration data.
- Mandatory UDF fields of objects will inherit the default value if the value is not set in the migration XML file.
To migrate data:
- Select the Administration tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Administration page.
- Under Data Management, click Migration.
- Under Upload Files, click Choose File. From the Open dialogue box, select a migration file from your workstation and click Open.
- Click Upload. The uploaded file displays in the Uploaded Files section.
Under Uploaded Files, click Queue
beside a migration file. The file displays under the Queued
Files section and its data imports into Address Manager.
During migration, you can stop the migration process and remove files from the
Queued Files list:
- A Stop button displays beside the migration file in the Queued Files section while its data is being migrated. If necessary, click Stop to stop the migration.
- A Remove button displays beside the migration file in the Queued Files section while the file is awaiting migration. If necessary, click Remove to delete the file from the Queued Files list.
- As data is migrating, click the Refresh button to view an updated Queued Files list.