Edit parameters of a previously created querylogging channel.
To modify a querylogging channel:
- Log in to the DNS/DHCP Server Administration Console as the administrator. For more information on default login credential, refer to BlueCat default login credentials (you must be authenticated to view this topic).
- From Main Session mode, type configure querylogging and press ENTER.
Type modify channel <channelname> and press
The prompt changes to indicate you are now within the newly created channel.
- Type add <category> and press ENTER. For complete list of available channel categories, refer to Available channel categories for querylogging. To add multiple categories to the log file, repeat this step.
Depending on which parameters you want to modify, perform one or more of the following steps:
- Type set file <filename>.txt and press ENTER.
- Type set version <1/2/3> and press ENTER. This is the number of input versions (1, 2 or 3) for the log file.
- Type set size <numerical-value> and press ENTER. This is the maximum size for the log file in MB.
- Type set severity <critical/error/warning/notice/info/debug/dynamic> and press ENTER. You can only set one severity level per log file.
- Type set printtime <yes/no> and press ENTER. This applies a timestamp to each event saved to the log file.
- Type set printseverity <yes/no> and press ENTER. This applies the selected severity value to the event in the log file.
- Type set printcategory <yes/no> and press ENTER. This applies the selected category to the event in the log file.
- Type save and press ENTER. The Administration Console saves your settings.