Monitor the reachability of LTM and BIG-IP DNS Servers, and the status of DNS/DHCP Servers or xHA pairs in an F5 pool.
To monitor F5 LTM or BIG-IP DNS Servers, you must first enable the BIG-IP DNS/LTM Monitoring Service from the Monitoring Service Management page, then enable monitoring for specific LTM and BIG-IP DNS Servers.
Enabling the BIG-IP DNS/LTM Monitoring Service will monitor all LTM and BIG-IP DNS Server across all configurations in Address Manager.
To enable the BIG-IP DNS/LTM Monitoring Service:
- Select the Administration tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Administration page.
- Under Network, click Monitoring Service Management.
- Under BIG-IP DNS/LTM Monitoring Service, click Edit Monitoring Parameters.
Under Polling Interval Time, set the polling
- Interval Time—the interval at which Address Manager polls the managed DNS/DHCP Servers in an F5 pool. Enter a value in the field and select Minutes, Hours, or Days from the drop-down menu. The minimum interval is 5 minutes.
- Click Update to save your changes and return to the Monitoring Service Management page.
- Under BIG-IP DNS/LTM Monitoring Service, click Enable.
Enabling monitoring on BIG-IP DNS Servers and Local Traffic Managers
Monitor the reachability of LTM and BIG-IP DNS Servers in an F5 pool.
Enable monitoring on each LTM server and BIG-IP DNS Server in an F5 pool.
To enable monitoring on an LTM or BIG-IP DNS server:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Under Servers, click an LTM or BIG-IP DNS Server name.
- Click the server name menu button and select F5 Service Configuration.
- From the Service Type drop-down menu, select Monitoring Service.
- Under Monitoring Settings, select the Enable Monitoring check box.
- Click Update.
Address Manager will monitor the reachability of the selected LTM or BIG-IP DNS Server in the F5 pool.