How to move the AD-Elect Role.
You can move the AD-Elect deployment role one server to another in both Read-Only and Read Write modes.
To move AD-Elect role to a different server:
- Select the Servers tab.Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the Servers tab again to ensure you are working with the Configuration information page.
- Click the server that holds the Elect Role. The server details page opens.
- Click the AD-Integrated Roles tab.
- Under Elected Roles, select the check boxes of the zones for which you want to move the Elect status.
- Click Action, then select Move Elect Status. The Move Elect Status page open.
- Under Elect to Server, select the destination server from the Managed Windows server drop-down menu.
Click Confirm. Address Manager returns you to the server
Note: As with any role change, changing AD-Elect does not take effect until you import from the demoted and promoted servers in Read-Only mode, or until you deploy to the demoted and promoted servers in Read-Write mode.