Set gateways for IPv4 and IPv6 networks and virtual addresses.
The gateway parameter is under the configure network command. The configure network command allows you to change the default IPv4 and IPv6 gateways.
You can view general and specific network settings, including gateways and virtual addresses from the Main Session mode of the Administration Console. Use show network from Main Session mode. A list of IPv4 and IPv6 network gateways will display.
Proteus> show network IPv4 Gateway = 192.0.2.1 IPv6 Gateway = 2001:db8::1
- You can't configure interface and network settings of DNS/DHCP Server appliances that are part of a functioning xHA pair. Configure interface and network settings before creating a high availability pair.
- You can't configure interfaces if the DNS/DHCP Server is under Address Manager control. Remove the DNS/DHCP Server from Address Manager control to configure interfaces.
- You can't configure interfaces if network redundancy (bonding) is enabled. Disable redundancy from the Administration Console to configure interfaces. Disabling bonding will also remove the DNS/DHCP Server from Address Manager control.
- xHA with IPv4 only: no IPv6 addresses must be present on either the Active or Passive nodes.
- xHA with IPv4 and IPv6: both the Active and Passive Nodes must be configured with only one IPv6 address. Multiple IPv6 address may prevent successful creation of xHA. For complete information, refer to Managing xHA.
- add—add an IPv4 or IPv6 static route to the routing table.
- exit—exit from network configuration mode.
- help—display help information.
- history—display the current session’s command line history.
- remove default-gateway—delete the IPv4 or IPv6 default gateway from the routing table.
- remove static-route—delete an IPv4 or IPv6 static route from the routing table.
- reset—reset all interface configurations to factory settings
(DNS/DHCP Server only).Note: Use with caution. Running the reset command will result in loss of network connectivity.
- save—save changes for the network.
- set—set an IPv4 or IPv6 default gateway.
- show—display network details.
- show default gateway—display network details.
- show static-routes—display network details.