Address Manager and DNS/DHCP Server come with pre-defined default passwords for the default user accounts.
Important: For security reasons, BlueCat strongly recommends changing the default passwords for all default accounts including the root account before deploying the unit into production.
Note: The portal user account is for use by BlueCat Device Registration Portal (DRP) customers only. DRP customers must configure the portal user to allow DRP to communicate with DNS/DHCP Server.
BlueCat strongly recommends that a password:
- must contain a minimum of 8 alphanumeric characters
- must contain a complex combination of upper and lower-case letters, numbers, and special characters
- shouldn't contain backslashes or apostrophes.
- shouldn't be a palindrome (string or phrase that reads the same backwards and forwards)
- shouldn't be based on dictionary word
Additional password rules with STIG mode enabled
Customers running Address Manager or DNS/DHCP Server in STIG mode must abide by the standard password requirements and the rules enforced per STIG-compliance policies:
- Must contain a minimum of 14 alpha-numeric characters (GEN000580)
- Must contain at least one uppercase alphabetic character (GEN000600)
- Must contain at least one lowercase alphabetic character (GEN000610)
- Must contain at least one numeric character (GEN000620)
- Must contain at least one special character (GEN000640)
Note: The bluecat user account is for use by STIG customers only. STIG customers MUST enable the bluecat user account by configuring a password BEFORE enabling STIG. The bluecat user password must comply with STIG-compliant password policies. Customers are also recommended to set STIG compliant passwords for the admin and root accounts before enabling STIG compliance.
JMX password requirements
Password must contain:
- at least one numeric character
- at least one uppercase
- at least one lowercase
- at least one special character
- must be minimum of 8 characters
- backslash (\)
- apostrophe (')
- blank space