BlueCat regularly provides patches or hotfixes to Address Manager software in order to provide performance enhancements, new functionality, or fixes to security vulnerabilities. Patches and hotfixes are available from BlueCat Customer Care and are uploaded to Address Manager from your local machine or workstation.
- A tar.gz file containing the software patch.
- A .key file that verifies the integrity of the patch file.
To apply patches to Address Manager:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the Administration tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Administration page.
- Under General, click Version Management.
- Click BlueCat Address Manager™ Patches.
Under Upload Patch, perform the following:
- Upload Patch: Click Choose File to select the tar.gz patch file.
- BlueCat Public Key Security File: Click Choose File to select the .key file that will verify the patch file.
- Click Apply Patch. The Patch Confirmation page opens.
- Under Confirm Application of Patch, verify the <patch-number>.tar.gz file you will be applying to the Address Manager server.
- Click Yes.