How to perform a Bulk DNS update in Address Manager.
To perform a Bulk DNS update:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the DNS tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- You can perform a DNS Bulk Update at the view or zone level. Navigate to and select a view or zone.
- Click Action and select Bulk DNS Updates.
- Beside the Bulk DNS Updates CSV file field, click Browse. A dialog box opens where you can select a CSV file on your workstation.
- Select a CSV file and click Open. The file selection dialog box closes and the path for the selected file appears in the Bulk DNS Updates CSV file field.
- Click Next. The Bulk DNS Update Review updates page opens.
Under Review Updates, each Line
field contains a line from your CSV file.
- If Address Manager finds an error in a line, the error is noted in red text to the right of the field. Review each line and correct any errors by editing the text in the Line field.For more information on the update entry syntax, refer to Reference: Bulk DNS Update CSV file.
- To remove a line from the list, click the Remove link to the right of the Line field.
Under Error and Naming Policy Options, set the error
handling and naming policy options:
- Abort update—when selected, cancels the entire update process if there is an error with any of the updates. None of the updates are applied if any one update contains an error. If errors are encountered, a list of entries with errors appears at the end of the update process. There is one exception case for a delete action. If a record in the CSV file is not found in Address Manager, errors will be ignored and logged in the server log, and updates without errors are applied.
- Skip records with errors and continue update—when selected, ignores any updates that contain errors. Updates without errors are applied.
- Override Naming Policy—when selected, resource records are created with names as specified in the update entries; any naming policies assigned to the view or zone are ignored. When not selected, any naming policies assigned to the view or zone are enforced; entries with resource record names that do not follow the naming policy are ignored. If updates are ignored because of naming policy conflicts, a list of entries with conflicts appears at the end of the update process. For information on naming policies, refer to Naming Policies and DNS views and zones.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Apply.
- Review the results in the Update Results section. This section lists the error handling and naming policy options you selected for the update and the number of updates successfully applied.
- If entries were skipped or caused the update process to be cancelled, a list of errors appears. Review the errors and correct the problems in your CSV file and attempt the updated process again.
- Click OK.