How to perform database replication failover.
- You must be an Address Manager administrator to perform database replication failover.
- When you perform a database failover, Address Manager restarts the Primary and Standby servers. All servers will be unavailable for a few minutes while they restart.
If the Primary server is not online, use the reset replication Administration Console command on the Standby server or servers. For more information, refer to Resetting database replication.
To perform a database replication failover:
- Select the Administration tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Administration page.
- Under Database Management, click Database Management. The Database Management page opens.
- Click Database Replication. The Database Replication page opens.
- Click Database Replication and select Failover. The Switch Primary Database to Selected Standby Server page opens.
- Under Select Standby Server to Failover, select the new Primary server from the New Primary Server drop-down menu.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Continue. The Database Replication Failover Confirmation page opens.
- Click Confirm. The Address Manager web interface is unavailable for a few minutes while the server restarts.