Manually verify the syntax of DNS or DHCP configuration data prior to deployment to managed DNS/DHCP Servers. Validation runs separately from deployment.
You must set validation options either at the configuration level or server level before running the validation. If no validation options are set at either level, you will get an error.
To validate deployment data:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Under Servers, click the name of a DNS/DHCP Server. The Details tab for the server opens.
- Click the server name menu and select Validate Deployment Data.
- Under Confirm Deployment Validation Data, verify the server or servers from which to validate deployment data.
Under Services, select DNS or DHCP or
Note: Currently, scheduled deployment data validation is not available for DHCPv6 and TFTP.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Yes.
- If validation is successful, you can continue with deployment.
- If validation fails, check the log files for details. For information on viewing the DNS Validation, Zone Validation, and DHCP Validation server logs, refer to Viewing DNS/DHCP Server logs.