Use Quick Deploy to instantly deploy changes to DNS resource records. You must add at least one server to Address Manager and a primary DNS deployment role in order to access the Quick Deploy function. You can Quick Deploy to multiple servers, views, and zones.
To perform a quick deployment:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the DNS tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Under DNS Views, click the name of a DNS view. The Top Level Domains section opens.
- In the Top Level Domains section, click the name of a top level domain. The Sub Zones section opens.
- In the Sub Zones section, click the name of a DNS zone. The Resource Records tab for the DNS zone opens.
Click Action and select Quick Deploy. The
Confirm Server Quick Deploy page opens:
- The Confirm Server Quick Deploy section lists the server or servers to which the changes will be deployed.
- The Show Resource Records section lists the
resource records to be deployed:
- Parent—displays the server to which the resource record will be deployed
- Resource Record—displays the resource record data, including its object ID, name, record type, record data, and time to live value
- Operation—displays the operation to be performed on the record, either add, update, or delete
Note: If there are no changed records to deploy, a message opens in the Show Resource Records section to indicate that no records need to be deployed.
If Address Manager determines that it must perform a full deployment to properly apply your changes, a message opens in the Show Resource Records section to indicate that differential deployment isn't available.
To return to the Resource Records tab, click No.For instructions on how to view the status of all active deployments, refer to Tracking deployment.Note: If forward and reverse DNS zones are on separate servers Quick Deploy won't deploy to both servers. This is normal behavior in Address Manager. If your configuration contains forward and reverse zones on separate servers, you can perform another Quick Deploy under the subnet as a workaround.