Before configuring BlueCat Gateway on a BlueCat DNS/DHCP Server appliance, ensure your environment meets the following requirements:
- BlueCat Address Manager v9.3.0 or greater (hardware or virtual machine)
- BDDS v9.3.0 or greater (hardware or virtual machine)
- BlueCat GEN4 Appliances
- BlueCat Address Manager 3000, 6000
- BlueCat DNS/DHCP Server 45, 60, 100 Note: BDDS20 and XMB3 are not supported.
- BlueCat Gateway v20.12.1 or greater (necessary for the deployment of custom
images leveraging the Built-in workspace)Attention: BlueCat Gateway has several security compliance measures enabled by default, including HTTPS. For more information, refer to Installing.
- BlueCat Adaptive Applications or Plugins built on BlueCat Gateway v20.12.1 or greater
- Gateway-specific prerequisites and requirements must still be configured, such as assigning the BlueCatGateway UDF to set workflow permissions per user. For details, refer to Creating the BlueCatGateway UDF and Creating a user in.
- The production containers as well as BlueCat Adaptive Applications and Plugins must leverage the Built-in workspace to deploy properly on BDDS. For more information, refer to Adding Built-in Workflows to the Container.
- CPU: 2 CPUs 2.5GHz or greater
- RAM: 8GB
- 16 GB of free disk space
- Ports 80/443 must be open on the BDDS to pull the image from the cloud registry. For
more information on opening ports 80 and 443 on the BDDS, refer to article 16200 on BlueCat Customer Care. Note: If using a local repository with BDDS behind a firewall, the BDDS must be routable to the local repository to pull the image.