If you are using custom scripts for monitoring and maintenance purposes, you can store your custom scripts in the /home/bluecat/preserved_scripts directory to avoid losing the custom scripts on the server after upgrading.
Only Address Manager administrator users can add, update, and delete the /home/bluecat/preserved_scripts directory and its contents. Address Manager users (non-admins) can only read and execute the scripts in the directory.
- The total combined size of the custom scripts must not exceed 10% of the /home partition space.
- Any scripts outside of /home/bluecat/preserved_scripts generating output files and logs won't be migrated after upgrade.
- Any cron jobs that are added for the custom scripts won't be migrated or retained as part of the upgrade. You must reconfigure any cron jobs after the upgrade.
- If the /home/bluecat/preserved_scripts directory already exists, its contents and permissions will remain unchanged after upgrade.
- The contents and permissions of the /home/bluecat/preserved_scripts directory will be retained even after rollback.