Delete a secondary DNS deployment role from a BIG-IP DNS Server.
If you need to remove a BIG-IP DNS Server as the secondary of a primary DNS/DHCP Server, you must remove the secondary DNS deployment role from the BIG-IP DNS Server and force a full deployment on the primary DNS/DHCP Server. This will remove entries for the allow-zone-transfer option and NS records created in the primary's configuration for the secondary BIG-IP DNS Server. Until a forced full DNS deployment takes place, the BIG-IP DNS Server will continue to behave as a secondary of the primary DNS/DHCP Server until the next refresh timeout as identified in the Start of Authority record. Alternately, F5 administrators could remove the zones (secondary) using the F5 management interface.
To remove the secondary DNS deployment role from a BIG-IP DNS Server:
- From the view or zone level, click the Deployment Roles tab.
- Under Deployment Roles, select the check box for the DNS secondary role.
- Click Action, and then select Delete Selected.
- Under Confirm Delete, verify you are deleting the secondary DNS deployment role for the BIG-IP DNS Server.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Yes.
- Deploy DNS to the primary DNS/DHCP Server making sure to select the Force Full Deployment check box.