This task describes how to remove a bonding interface to disable network redundancy.
To disable network redundancy on managed DNS/DHCP Servers:
- Remove the DNS/DHCP Server from Address Manager control.
- Remove the bonding interface using the DNS/DHCP Server Administration Console.
Disable bonding from the Add or Replace Server page of the Address Manager user interface.
Note: Disabling redundancy may require re-wiring of your network switch. BlueCat strongly recommends scheduling a maintenance window for any changes to network redundancy/port bonding.Attention: When disabling Active/Active NIC bonding, you must first disable the 802.3ad mode from the network switch, then disable bonding from the Administration Console. This protects against loss of connectivity with the DNS/DHCP Server.
- From Main Session mode, type configure system and press ENTER.
- Type set state no-proteus-control and press ENTER.
- Type exit and press ENTER until you return to Main Session mode.
- From Main Session mode, type configure interfaces and press ENTER.
- Type remove bond0 and press ENTER.
At the prompt, type <Y|y> and press
This operation will disconnect SSH connections. The Administration Console will prompt you that the interface was removed successfully.
To verify that bonding is disabled, type show and press
Adonis> configure system Adonis:configure:system> set state no-proteus-control Adonis:configure:system> exit Adonis> configure interfaces Adonis:configure:interfaces> remove bond0 Please confirm the removal of requested interface (Y/y or N/n)? Y This operation will disconnect SSH connections Removed interface successfully Adonis:configure:interfaces> show eth0: IPv4 Addresses 192.168.1.2/24 (Primary) Active = on eth1: Active = off eth2: IPv4 Addresses 192.0.2.10/24 (Management) Active = on eth3: Active = off Dedicated Management = Enabled Management Interface = eth2 Service Interface = eth0
With the bonding interface removed in the DNS/DHCP Server Administration Console, you should next return to Address Manager and disable bonding from either the Add or Replace Server pages.