How to reset a locked user account.
If a user account has been locked after three failed attempts or 35 days of inactivity, complete the following:
To reset a locked account:
If the locked account is an admin account and it was locked after three
failed login attempts:
- Log in with the username bluecat and the default
password bluecat.Note: When logging in with bluecat account for the first time, you will be prompted to change the default password immediately.
- Type the following command:
- Type the root password, and then type the following
faillog -u admin -r
- Log in with the username bluecat and the default password bluecat.
If the locked account is an admin account that was locked because it had
not been logged into for 35 days:
usermod -e "YYYY-MM-DD" admin
- Type a date in the future.
- If the locked account is the bluecat account, contact BlueCat Customer Care.