How to reset database replication.
- In a normal operational situation, all replication related operations including configuring and breaking replication, should be performed from the Address Manager web-based user interface.
- Resetting replication is only recommended for unexpected critical situations.
Resetting database replication disables replication on an Address Manager server (Primary or Standby) and returns the active server to stand-alone operation.
Log in to the Administration Console and enter Additional Configuration mode. Use the reset replication command when the Primary server is offline and you need to disable replication on one or more Standby servers.
To reset database replication:
- Connect to the Address Manager Administration Console on the server you want to reset. For instructions on how to connect to the Administration Console, refer to Using the Administration Console.
- Log in as the administrator.
- From Main Session mode, type configure database and press ENTER. The Proteus prompt changes.
- Type reset replication, and press ENTER.
- Type yes and press ENTER to confirm the replication reset. The following message appears when the server is set to standalone mode: Reset replication successful: now a standalone server