With an IPv4 block created in Address Manager, you can resize an IPv4 network.
Note: In order to support two allocatable IP addresses, /31 networks are special cases that do not have network, gateway, or broadcast addresses. Resizing or splitting larger networks to /31 will remove associated network, gateway, and broadcast addresses.
Note: Resize and merge operations cannot be performed on a /31 network if a DHCP range is present on the network.
Note: Resizing networks to and from /32 is not supported.To resize an IPv4 network:
- Select the IP Space tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Under IPv4 Blocks, select the network that you want to resize.
- Click the menu beside the network name and select Resize.
Select a resize option and specify the resize values in these fields:
- CIDR block—select this option to specify the network size using CIDR notation. Type the address and size in the CIDR Block field.
- Range—select this option to specify the network size as a range of IP addresses. Type the starting and ending addresses in the From and To fields.
- Address—select this option to specify the network size with an IP address and netmask. Type the IP address and netmask in the Address and Netmask fields.
- Click Yes.