Configure settings for the serial port used for optional TTY control of the Administration Console.
You can view the status of the serial port from the Main Session mode of the Administration Console. To view serial port settings, type show serial and press ENTER from Main Session mode. The status of the serial port and current baud rate is displayed.
Proteus> show serial State = Enable Baud Rate = 115200,38400,9600
- Disable—disable the serial port. Save command not required after disabling the serial port.
- Enable—enable the serial port. By default, the serial port is enabled. Save command not required after enabling the serial port.
- Exit—exit serial configuration mode and check for any unsaved changes.
- Help—view help information.
- History—display the current session’s command line history.
- Save—save changes to baud rate.
- Set—set baud rate.
- Show unsaved—display unsaved changes.
- The enable/disable command takes immediate effect and doesn't require n additional save command. Configuring the baud rate by running the set command, however, does require the save command.
- Running the show unsaved command after enabling or disabling the serial port won't display the recent changes, even though the changes are in place. Only operations using the set command will be displayed after running the show unsaved command.