Set a forwarding DNS option by providing a list of server IP addresses that are designed as forwarders.
A Forwarding DNS deployment option affects delegation to sub zones for which a server is not authoritative.
To define a Forwarding DNS deployment option:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the DNS tab or the IP Space tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the DNS tab or IP Space tab again to ensure you are working with the Configuration information page.
- Navigate to the level at which you want to set a DNS deployment option and click the Deployment Options tab. Deployment Options tabs appear at the configuration, view, zone, IP block, and IP network levels.
- Under Deployment Options, click New and select DNS Option.
- From the Option list, select Forwarding.
- If needed, select the Disable Forwarding for Child Zones check box. For more information, refer to Disabling Forwarding for child zones.
In the Address field, enter the IP address of the DNS
server for forwarding queries and click Add. The address
is added to the list. Repeat this step to add more addresses to the list.
- To adjust the position of an address in the list, select the address and
click Move Up or Move Down
to move the address up or down in the list
- Click and drag the address in the list.
To remove an address from the list, select the address and click Remove.
- To adjust the position of an address in the list, select the address and click Move Up or Move Down to move the address up or down in the list
- Click Add.