Configure an IPv4 address, netmask, and default gateway.
Running the set address command automatically configures the Primary Service IPv4/IPv6 address. Use caution if modifying interfaces from the Administration Console as running the set address command will overwrite any existing Primary Service IPs, resulting in a loss of service.
Configure an IPV4/IPv6 address and netmask from within the set address command using CIDR notation.
- Address Manager—eth0, eth1 (network redundancy; hardware appliances only)
- DNS/DHCP Server—eth0, eth1 (xHA Backbone), eth2 (Dedicated
Management), eth3 (hardware appliances only), bond0*, vlan-interface** (IPv4
*Only available once a bonding interface has been created (port bonding on hardware appliances only).
**Only available when VLAN interfaces have been configured.
To configure an IPv4 address and netmask:
- From Main Session mode, type configure interfaces and press ENTER.
- Type modify <interface> and press ENTER.
- Type set address <ipv4address/netmask> and press ENTER.
- Type save and press ENTER. The Administration Console saves your settings.
- Type exit and press ENTER until you return to Main Session mode.