This section describes how to enable Japanese language support in the Address Manager user interface. Once enabled, the Address Manager user interface will always be in Japanese, but you can revert it back to English at anytime from the login page.
Japanese characters cannot be used in the following deployment objects:
Views, Zones, Deployment options with text Fields, Resource Records, Kerberos Realms, Server host names, TSIGs, ACLs, Response Policy names, Policy items
Deployment options, including options with Text Fields, Raw Options, Vendor Options, Match Class names, Custom options; MAC Pool names, Third-party zone names used in DHCP Zone Groups, Tag names used in Shared Networks
These deployment objects only support ASCII characters and must all be in English (US) even if Japanese is enabled as the system language.
To set the Address Manager system language:
- Log in to Address Manager as an administrator. For more information on default login credential for Address Manager, refer to BlueCat default login credentials (you must be authenticated to view this topic).
- Select the Administration tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Administration page.
- Under General, click Global Settings.
- Under System supported locales, enter the following in the Additional supported locales field: |Japanese[ja-JP].
- Click Update.
- Click Log Out. A language drop-down menu is now visible on the Address Manager login page.
- From the language drop-down menu, select Japanese[ja-JP]. The Address Manager login page immediately changes to Japanese.
Log in to Address Manager. The Address Manager user interface is now in Japanese.
Note: If you ever need to revert the Address Manager user interface back to English, log out of Address Manager and select English[en-US] from the language drop-down menu from the Address Manager login page.