An AD-integrated zone in Address Manager is the equivalent of an Active Directory-Integrated zone in Windows.
During import, standard primary zones stored in Active Directory are imported with the AD-integrated Master deployment role. Similarly, if you assign the AD integrated Master deployment role to a zone and then deploy the zone, it will be created as an Active Directory-Integrated zone in Windows.
Note: An AD-integrated master zone is not deployed if all of the following conditions are true:
- The master zone is empty in the Address Manager user interface.
- The master zone has not been managed (imported or deployed) by the DDW server.
- The same name master zone already exists on the target Windows server.
- The existing zone has records (other than SOA and NS records) shown on the MMC console.
To assign an AD-integrated master deployment role:
- Click the zone name.
- Click the Deployment Roles tab.
- Click New, then select DNS Role.
- From the Type drop-down menu, select AD integrated Master.
- Under Server Interfaces, click Select Server Interface. The Select Server Interface page opens.
- Click the server to which you want to assign the role. The Server Interfaces section opens.
- Click the server interface to which you want to assign the role, then click Add.
- Click Add to add the deployment role and return to the DNS Zone tab, or click Add Next to add another deployment option.