Set the JMX password to access Address Manager using a Java application.
Run the configure jmx command to change the password for the jmxadmin user account. BlueCat recommends using Java VisualVM (jvisualvm) to access and manage JMX.
Password must contain:
- at least one numeric character
- at least one uppercase
- at least one lowercase
- at least one special character
- must be minimum of 8 characters
- backslash (\)
- apostrophe (')
- blank space
Important: The JMX password is necessary when configuring the application server and should only be modified by a system administrator.
Note: Detailed documentation on Java application tools is out of scope of this documentation. Refer to Java VisualVM (jvisualvm) documentation for details. (https://visualvm.java.net)
To set the JMX password:
- From Main Session mode, type configure jmx and press ENTER.
- Type set console-password and press ENTER.
- At the prompt, type your <new password> and press ENTER.
- Type your new password again to confirm and press ENTER.
- Type Y when prompted to confirm the password change and press ENTER.
- Type exit and press ENTER until you return to Main Session mode.