After you have installed the DDW server software, you should verify the installation.
To verify the installation of DDW server software:
- From the Windows Start menu, select Control Panel>Administrative Tools, and then select Services. The Services dialog box opens.
- Scroll through the list of services and locate the Proteus DNS and DHCP Manager service.
- In the Status column, ensure that the service shows Started.
- In the Startup Type column, ensure that the service is set as Automatic.
- Close the Services dialog box.
The DDW server software is now installed.
During installation, the DDW adds configuration files to the Program Files directory (or Program Files x86) if you installed the DDW on a 64-bit computer.
Now that you have created a DDW server, the next step is to add the DDW server to Address Manager.