View a list of issues discovered by the Data Checker as well as detailed information about each issue.
For details on Data Checker rules which will trigger error, warning, or information events, refer to Address Manager Data Checker Rules.
To view Data Checker issues:
- When the Data Checker finds an issue with the data in your configuration, a Data Check Issues link appears on the page. Click the link.
The Data Check Results section lists potential problems
in the configuration. The seriousness of each issue is indicated with an icon
and a note in the Severity column:
- Info—these are items that are incomplete or that are missing dependencies in the configuration. They do not prevent you from deploying your configuration.
- Warning—these are more serious items that are incomplete, missing dependencies, or that go against typical DNS and DHCP best practices. They do not prevent you from deploying your configuration, but they may cause problems after you deploy.
- Error—these items are set up incorrectly or will not work properly when deployed to your network. These items prevent you from deploying your configuration. You can override these issues to proceed with deployment, but correcting the problems before deploying the configuration is recommended.
- To view the details for an issue, click an item in the Rule Name column.
To override one or more issues, select the check box for the issues, click Action, and select Override.
The Overridden column shows that the selected items are overridden.
To clear the override for one or more issues, select the check box for the issues, and click Action, and select Remove Override.
The Overridden column shows that the item is not overridden. You can also override Data Checker issues from the Data Checker Summary Page. Click the Data Checker Summary Page page title, and then select Override.