Use the Event List to review the history of system events and to view the details for individual events. Events logged in the list include a unique tracking ID, the message issued, the user’s name, and the date and time the error occurred.
Users can be notified of events using notification groups and event level subscriptions. An SNMP trap can be triggered by an event, or users can be notified by e-mail message when certain events occur. For details, refer to Managing notification groups.
To view system events:
- Select the Administration tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on. Select the Administration tab again to ensure you are working with the Administration page.
- Under Tracking, click Event List.
- Under Events, select a type of event from the Event Types drop-down menu.
Under Event ID, click on any item to view details on
The Event Summary page provides detailed information about a system event. This information can be helpful for auditing system activity, investigating problems, tracking deployments, and requesting technical support.The General section provides the following information about the event:
- Event ID—the event’s identification number.
- Type—the type of event, such as an error or warning.
- Category—a classification of the event, such as an Application or Deployment event.
- Source—the name of the software component involved in the event.
- Message—a message describing the event.
- Date—the date and time the event occurred.
Some events may include a Stack Trace section on the details page. This section provides information that may be helpful when requesting technical support.