The Metrics tab provides a dashboard view of Address Manager central processor unit, memory, network interface card, and disk usage.
The Metrics tab is not available until you enable Monitoring Services. For instructions on monitoring, refer to Managing the Monitoring Service
To view the System Information page
- Select the Administration tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Administration page.
- Under General, click System Configuration.
Click the Metrics tab to see Address Manager
- The CPU Utilization Percentage section shows CPU
processes as a percentage of CPU activity:
- System CPU—the time spent executing system kernel code
- User CPU—the time spent executing application code
- Nice CPU—the time spent executing processes that have had their processing priority altered
- Idle CPU—the time spent not performing any activity
- The Memory Utilization Percentage section shows
memory usage as a percentage of available real and swap (or disk) memory:
- Real Memory—shows the percentage of physical
Real memory usage is calculated by taking total free memory and cached memory into account. The real memory usage percentage is calculated as follows:
Total Real Memory Usage Percentage = (Physical-(Free + Cached))/(Physical)
- Swap Memory—shows the percentage of swap or
disk memory used.
Swap memory usage is calculated by taking total physical memory, free memory, cached memory, and buffer memory into account. The memory usage percentage is calculated as follows:
Total Swap Memory Usage Percentage = (SwapTotal-SwapFree)/(SwapTotal)
- Real Memory—shows the percentage of physical memory used.
- The Network Utilization section shows the amount of
network traffic through the eth0 interface in kilobytes per second:
- Outbound Traffic—shows traffic outbound from Address Manager.
- Inbound Traffic—shows traffic inbound to Address Manager.
- The Disk Utilization Percentage section shows the
amount of disk space used for the following directories:
- Disk - /—shows the percentage of disk space used in the root directory.
- Disk - /var—shows the percentage of disk space used in the /var directory.
- Disk - /boot—shows the percentage of disk space used in the /boot directory.
- Disk - /data—shows the percentage of disk space used in the /data directory.
The Start Time and End Time fields describe the time range for each graph. You can adjust the time range to show greater detail or to monitor trends over a longer period of time. For more information, refer to Adjusting the time scale: Metrics Graph.
Address Manager collects data for the monitored items at the interval you set on the Edit Monitoring Parameters page. The graphs on the Metrics tab are updated at five minute intervals: you cannot change this interval. For more information about configuring monitoring settings, refer to Monitoring DNS/DHCP Servers.
- The CPU Utilization Percentage section shows CPU processes as a percentage of CPU activity: