IPv4 network templates allow you to create standard settings that can be applied when you create new networks.
Attention: The API methods for IPv4 network templates have been deprecated and is no longer supported. Please refer to IPv4 templates instead.When you apply a template to a single network or to multiple networks, and change template settings, the networks based on the template are updated accordingly. Use network templates to standardize address assignments and deployment options.
Note: A conflict between a network and a template occurs when the network and template have the same deployment option server settings and you perform one of the following actions:
- Add a deployment option to the template and the following conditions are
- The option already exists in the network.
- The values of the option added to the template are different from the values of the option in the network.
- Add a deployment option to the network and the following conditions are
- The option already exists in the template.
- The values of the option added to the network are different from the values of the option in the template.
- After applying a template to a network, you change deployment option settings in the network.
If the deployment option server settings of the network and template are different, a conflict does not occur.
Note: Address Manager API v4.0 and greater includes the following changes to IPv4 network templates when performing add, update, and get operations for IPv4 network templates through API:
- The pipe (|) separator in the sub-type value has been replaced with commas (,).
- If the name properties contains commas (,) or back-slashes (\), it needs to be escaped with backward slash (\).