To obtain the Ansible Module 23.1 software (ansible_9.4_23.2.1.tar), contact BlueCat Customer Care.
The ansible_9.4_23.2.1.tar package includes the following files:
- bluecat.py – the Ansible module
- Ansible Playbooks – located in the playbooks folder, in YAML format
- A vars folder containing the external_vars.yml file
When using Ansible Playbook, BlueCat recommends using the “localhost” host. It is not necessary to add either the BlueCat Gateway or the BlueCat Address Manager servers to your Ansible inventory.
To install the Ansible Module:
- Download the Ansible Module from BlueCat Customer Care.
- Copy the files into an appropriate directory. BlueCat recommends placing the files in a directory located in the ANSIBLE_LIBRARY environment variable.
Verify the module by executing the following command in Ansible Manager:
This command returns the BlueCat Ansible Module documentation.