Define firewall rules that control the traffic for your instance.
Add rules to allow specific traffic to reach your instance as needed. BlueCat recommends the following minimum set of firewall rules for BlueCat DNS for AWS:
- SSH port 22
- Custom TCP Rule with port number 123 for NTP (inbound only)
- Custom TCP Rule with port number 161 for SNMP (inbound only)
- Custom TCP Rule with port number 10042 for secure management and connectivity between BlueCat DNS for AWS and Address Manager
- Custom TCP Rule with port number 53 for DNS
To define security group settings:
From the Assign a security group section, select
Create a new security group.
Note: If you already have defined a security group with these rules, you can choose the Select an existing security group option and select the security group from the list.
- Enter a name for the security group that you are creating in the Security group name field.
- Enter a descriptive name for the security group that you are creating in the Description field.
- Click Add Rule.
Click the drop-down menu and select the rules to add.
Note: For more information about BlueCat appliance service ports, refer to "Appendix A: Network Requirements" in the Address Manager Administration Guide.
- Click Review and Launch to review all your settings and configurations before launching the instance.