Naming and tagging the instance helps you to categorize and manage your AWS resources. This is especially useful when you have many resources with the same type.
To name and tag your instance:
- Sign in to the AWS Console.
- Navigate to the EC2 Dashboard.
- Click Launch Instance.
In the Name and tags section, click Add
additional tags to expand the section and display all options.
Add a name tag and configure additional tags as needed using the following
- Key—enter the descriptive name for your BlueCat AWS Virtual Appliances instance. For example, Server Name.
- Value—enter the role of your instance. For example, DNS server 1.
- Resource types—Select the resource type(s) that you want to assign this specific tag to. For example, Instances.
- Proceed to the Application and OS Images (Amazon Machine Image) section to continue with instance setup.