If your BlueCat license expires or you have instantiated an instance with an invalid license, you need to update the Client ID and Activation Key directly in the BAM or BlueCat DNS for AWS Administration Console.
Update the Address Manager or BlueCat DNS for AWS license using either the update interactively command or the update clientID command. BlueCat recommends using the update interactively command.
Attention: You must prepend three zeros to your AWS Account ID which you will enter as the 15-character Client ID.
- Log in to the Administration Console.
- From Main Session mode, type configure license, and press ENTER.
- Type update interactively and press ENTER.
- At the activation key prompt, type Y.
- Enter your AWS Account ID prepended with three zeros for the Client ID. If the key is valid, go to step 7. If you receive an error, check the key and try again.
- Enter the Activation key. If the key is valid, go to step 8. If you receive an error, check the key and try again.
Press any key to continue. The Administration Console returns you to the
license configuration mode prompt.
UPDATE LICENSE (Y/N)? ENTER CLIENT ID (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) 000<AWSACCOUNTID> ENTER ACTIVATION KEY (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) <XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX>Note: The Client ID and Activation key values are case-sensitive.
After updating the license, type show
to verify whether the Client ID and Activation Key is successfully
Adonis:configure:license> show License Status = License Valid Client ID = 000AWSACCOUNTID Activation Key = 55555-12345-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX License Expiry = Mon Jan 20 05:00:00 2019 Adonis:configure:license>