Configure the basic settings of your BlueCat DNS for Microsoft AzureBlueCat virtual appliance Resource Template.
After obtaining your BlueCat DNS for Microsoft AzureBlueCat VM image from the Azure Marketplace, you will be presented with a wizard which will guide you through configuring licensing, network, and storage information so it can be deployed in your environment.
To configure Resource Template Basic settings:
Configure the following:
- Version—from the drop down menu, select the BlueCat DNS for Microsoft Azure software version.
- VM Name—the name of your BlueCat DNS for Microsoft Azure VM instance.
SSH public key—enter the SSH public key that
will be used for both the admin user and the bluecat user.
Note: SSH login via root is not supported.
Client ID—provided in your BlueCat purchase
agreement; client ID values are case-sensitive.
License Key—provided in your BlueCat purchase
agreement; license key values are case-sensitive.
- Subscription—select your Azure subscription from the drop-down menu.
- Resource Group—create a new Azure Resource Group or select an existing one. If selecting an existing Resource Group, ensure it is blank and has not been configrued with any interfaces.
- Location—select the geographic location of your VM from the drop-down menu.
- Click OK.