Configure the basic settings of your BlueCat virtual appliance Resource Template.
After obtaining your BlueCat Azure Virtual Appliances VM image from the Azure Marketplace, you will be presented with a wizard which will guide you through configuring licensing, network, and storage information so it can be deployed in your environment.
To configure Resource Template basic settings:
Configure the following:
- VM Name—enter the name of your BlueCat Azure Virtual Appliances VM instance.
- VM Version—select your VM version from the drop-down menu.
SSH Public Key—enter the SSH public key that
will be used for both the admin user and the bluecat user. SSH login as
the root user is not supported
Note: For detailed information about public and private SSH key pairs on Azure, refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/linux/mac-create-ssh-keys.
Client ID—enter the client ID provided in your
BlueCat purchase agreement, for example ANEWCUSTOMER123.
Note: Client ID values are case-sensitive.
License Key—enter the license key provided in
your BlueCat purchase agreement, for example
Note: License key values are case-sensitive.
Number of VMs—select your desired number of
DNS/DHCP Server VM instances from the drop-down menu. You can select
between 1 and 10.
Note: While you can deploy multiple DNS/DHCP Server instances in your environment, you can only deploy one Address Manager instance.
- Subscription—select your Azure subscription from the drop-down menu.
- Resource Group—create a new Azure Resource Group or select an existing one. If selecting an existing Resource Group, ensure it is blank and has not been configured with any interfaces.
- Location—select the geographic location of your VM from the drop-down menu.
- Click OK.