Add rules to allow specific traffic to reach your instance as needed. BlueCat recommends the following minimum set of firewall rules for BlueCat Azure Virtual Appliances:
|BlueCat Address Manager for Azure
|BlueCat DNS for Azure
Note: For more information on using network security groups to filter traffic on Azure Virtual Networks, refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-network/virtual-networks-nsg.
Note: For more information about BlueCat appliance service ports, refer to Network requirements in the Address Manager Administration Guide.
To define network security group settings for your BlueCat Azure virtual appliance:
- Log in to the global Azure or Azure Government Portal.
- Click Virtual Machines in the left-nav.
- From the list of virtual machines, click the name of the virtual machine you wish to configure with a network security group.
- Under Settings, click Networking.
- Click one of the interfaces of your BlueCat Azure Virtual Appliance, for example azure-bdds-nic-eth0. The Network Interface page opens.
- Under Settings, click Network Security group.
- Click Edit then choose a network security group or select None.
Note: OPTIONAL: You can also configure a network security group on subnets. This will propagate the network security group settings to all interfaces on that subnet.
Repeat this task for additional interfaces.