The following section outlines the steps to deploy Cloud Resolver on Debian, Ubuntu, RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), and CentOS Linux distributions. Your Linux distribution must be one of the versions outlined in the prerequisites. For more information, refer to Prerequisites.
Depending on the needs of your environment, you can install Cloud Resolver on a locally hosted VM or hardware platform, or on a VM in a cloud environment.
To install Cloud Resolver on a Linux system
- Download the Cloud Resolver installation file from BlueCat Customer Care. Depending on
the operating system installed on the host system, download one of the following
- For Debian or Ubuntu, download the cloud_resolver-1.2.0_amd64.deb artifact.
- For RHEL or CentOS, download the cloud_resolver-1.2.0-1.x86_64.rpm artifact.
- Upload the Cloud Resolver installation package to the host system using the
scp <path_to_install_package>/cloud_resolver-1.2.0<linux_os_type>.<deb|rpm> root@<host-machine-ip>.
- Connect to the host system using SSH.
- Navigate to the directory where the Cloud Resolver installation package was uploaded.
- Install Cloud Resolver using one of the following commands:
- If you are installing on a host system running Debian or Ubuntu, run the
sudo dpkg -i cloud_resolver-1.2.0_amd64.deb
- If you are installing on a host system running RHEL or CentOS, run the
sudo rpm -i cloud_resolver-1.2.0-1.x86_64.rpm
- If you are installing on a host system running Debian or Ubuntu, run the following command: