These are additional configurations that you must set to reconnect to your virtual appliances after enabling Dedicated Management.
Connecting to the management port
Enabling Dedicated Management will disconnect your SSH connectivity to the Management interface. Once you enable Dedicated Management, you must re-establish the SSH connection to the Management interface.
To reconnect to your instance after enabling Dedicated Management:
- Establish your SSH connection to the Dedicated Management
ssh -i <key_pair_file_name> bluecat@<dedicated_management_ip>
Adding a static route
After enabling Dedicated Management, if Address Manager and BlueCat DNS for GCP are not on the same subnet, you must manually add a static route on BlueCat DNS for GCP virtual appliances to allow connectivity to Address Manager via the Dedicated Management interface.
To add a static route for Address Manager:You might also need to add static routes for the following service and devices:
- Add a static route indicating to where the BlueCat DNS for GCP server should send
Adonis> configure network Adonis:configure:network> add static-route network <BAM_SUBNET/NETMASK> via-address <dedicated_management_interface_gateway_IP>
- You need to add a static route to any devices that require access through the Dedicated Management interface, such as SSH clients or SNMP management servers.
- If you are connecting to your VM instance using SSH from a different client, you must add a static route for the new client from which you are connecting.
- If database replication is enabled, you must add a static route for both Address Manager appliances in replication.