The Auto Scavenging service manages the scavenging service that is automatically run on one of the database nodes. The service removes stale resource records from the database and DNS server periodically using the aging and scavenging settings configured in the Configuration section of the DNS Zone or Reverse DNS pages. If the data node is shut down, the service is started on another data node in the cluster automatically.
- Click the Settings icon under the Auto Scavenging column.
- In the configuration window, enter the following
--- READ_SCAVENGE_INTERVALS: 300Where the parameters represent the following:
- READ_SCAVENGE_INTERVALS:: The interval at which the data node scavenges and removes stale records (in seconds). By default, the service reads the backup configuration every 300 seconds (5 minutes).
- Click Start to enable the Distributed DDNS service.
- Click Save to save the Distributed DDNS service configuration and add the service to the Distributed DDNS Data Node.