Before you begin, ensure that the following prerequisites are met.
- Address Manager v9.1.0 or v9.2.0.
- DNS/DHCP Server v9.1.0 or v9.2.0 acting as a primary server.
- Docker CE v18.03.1 or greater, Docker EE v17.03.2 or greater, OpenShift 4.3, or RedHat-compiled Docker v1.13.1 installed on each host machine that will be running a Distributed DDNS component.
- Multiple host machines or a single host machine to provision the Distributed DDNS Data Nodes, Distributed DDNS Application Node, and the Distributed DDNS Service Nodes.
- At least 2 CPUs and 8GB of RAM allocated to the host machines.
- At least 50GB of free disk space on the host machine.
You must configure the BlueCatGateway UDF and a BlueCat Gateway user on Address Manager. For more information, refer to the 'Configuring BlueCat Gateway' section of the BlueCat Gateway Installation Guide.
User Account Permission Prerequisites
- A Quay account that has been granted access to the BlueCat Distributed DDNS Adaptive Application for downloading the Adaptive Application.
- An Address Manager Administration account with both GUI and API access for installing and setting up BlueCat Distributed DDNS.