Configure a BlueCat Health Monitoring service account.
Note: Configuring a Gateway user with BlueCat Health Monitoring administrative permission as a service account allows the user to create server groups. Refer to Pre-installation files and environment variables to add administrative (ADMIN_GROUP) privileges to a user group.
Note: Configuring a Gateway user without BlueCat Health Monitoring administrative permission as a service account allows the user to view server groups, if the associated user group is also authorized to view the server group. To authorize a user group with server group view permissions, refer to Configuring view authorization by user group.
Note: The user object in Address Manager must be an Administrator and have either API or GUI and API access.
- Select the Administration tab.
- Under Authentication, select Service Account.
- In the Username field, enter the username for the Gateway user that will be added as a service account.
- In the Password field, enter the password for the associated user.
- Click Add to add the user profile as a service account. A confirmation message will appear upon successful service account creation.