BlueCat Health Monitoring alerts are configured so that metrics must surpass a threshold multiple times within a sequence of intervals for an alert to be triggered.
By default BlueCat Health Monitoring checks metrics every 60 seconds. For every sequence of five 60-second intervals, if the metric exceeds the threshold in at least three out of the five intervals, an alert will trigger.
The formula for an alert trigger is: Check every F (Frequency) seconds. Trigger an alert if the metric exceeds the threshold MAB (Maximum Acceptable Breaches) out of WS (Window Size) times. Variables F, MAB, and WS are configurable.
To configure global alert trigger settings:
- Select the Administration tab.
- Under Alerts, select Alert Triggers.
- Select the F, MAB, or WS variable to open a configuration modal.
- Enter a new value for the variable.
- Click Save to set the new value.