BlueCat Health Monitoring alerts are configured so that metrics must surpass a threshold multiple times within a sequence of intervals for an alert to be triggered.
By default BlueCat Health Monitoring checks metrics every 60 seconds. For every sequence of five 60-second intervals, if the metric exceeds the threshold in at least three out of the five intervals, an alert will trigger.
The formula for an alert trigger is: Check every F (Frequency) seconds. Trigger an alert if the metric exceeds the threshold MAB (Maximum Acceptable Breaches) out of WS (Window Size) times. Variables F, MAB, and WS are configurable.
- Select the Administration tab.
- Under Alerts, select Alert Triggers.
- Select the F, MAB, or WS variable to open a configuration modal.
- Enter a new value for the variable.
- Click Save to set the new value.