Create a server group to view consolidated metrics for a group of two or more DNS/DHCP servers.
Note: To add a DNS/DHCP server to a server group, you must first add the server to BlueCat Health Monitoring individually. To add the server individually, refer to Adding a server.
Note: The account creating the server group must be a service account and BlueCat Health Monitoring administrator. To create a service account, refer to Configuring a service account.
To add a server group:
- Click the plus icon in the top right corner of the BlueCat Health Monitoring dashboard and select Add New Server Group. The Server Group modal opens.
- In the Group name field, enter a unique name for the server group.
- In the Description field, enter a description for the server group (optional).
- Under available servers, retrieve a list of available servers by first selecting a configuration (mandatory). The server list can be additionally filtered by qualifying the search with server name or management address parameters. Click Apply to populate the underlying table with available servers.
- Add and remove servers from the Current servers by selecting checkboxes and using the Add and Remove buttons.
- Once the Current servers table contains the servers intended for the server group, click Save to create the server group.