Configure an IPv4 address, netmask, and default gateway.
Running the set address command automatically configures the Primary Service IPv4. Use caution if modifying interfaces from the Administration Console as running the set address command will overwrite any existing Primary Service IPs, resulting in a loss of service.
Configure an IPv4 address and netmask from within the set address command using CIDR notation.
- Address Manager—eth0, eth1 (network redundancy; hardware appliances only)
- DNS/DHCP Server—eth0, eth1 (xHA Backbone), eth2 (Dedicated
Management), eth3 (hardware appliances only), bond0*, vlan-interface** (IPv4
*Only available once a bonding interface has been created (port bonding on hardware appliances only).
**Only available when VLAN interfaces have been configured.
To configure an IPv4 address and netmask:
- From Main Session mode, type configure interfaces and press ENTER.
- Type modify <interface> and press ENTER.
- Type set address <ipv4address/netmask> and press ENTER.
- Type save and press ENTER. The Administration Console saves your settings.
- Type exit and press ENTER until you return to Main Session mode.